Can the Mustang Mach-E Really Tow? Need Your Insights!

Nice recommendation! How did you wire it up? Any specific kits you’d suggest?

I used the Tekonsha 3031-P wiring kit. It fits well with the Mach-E and the installation was straightforward. Highly recommend it!

This is some great advice! Looking to enhance my Mach-E for towing. I’m also curious about any modifications other users have made.

A lot of Mach-E owners have mentioned upgrading to a higher capacity battery if they tow regularly. It seems to improve performance significantly.

Interesting point! Is it necessary for lighter towing as well?

Not really, but if you plan to tow frequently or heavier loads, then it could be worth considering some battery upgrades.

What about weight distribution? I’ve heard mixed information on whether it’s needed for smaller loads. Any thoughts?

4 Likes

For smaller loads, it might not be necessary, but it certainly helps with managing sway and overall towing quality. Definitely something to consider!

Good to know! I’m planning a road trip with a trailer soon. Hoping for a smooth experience!

Make sure to practice with your setup before the trip! It’ll help you feel more confident on the road.

I can’t believe we’re even discussing towing with an electric SUV! I thought towing was for trucks. How far we’ve come!

3 Likes

You’ve got to love the times we live in! Just don’t forget the camping gear for the trip!

I’ve towed a small camper with my Mach-E and it did surprisingly well! Just make sure to account for the reduced range when towing.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing! How much weight were you towing, if you don’t mind me asking?

I towed a utility trailer with about 1,200 lbs of gear. The Mach-E handled it pretty well, but I did notice it struggled a bit on steeper hills.

That’s good to know! Did you see a big drop in your range?

Definitely! I lost about 30-40% range while towing. It’s crucial to plan for charging stops on longer trips.

I found that using the ‘Tow/Haul’ mode really helps optimize performance. Has anyone else tried that feature?

Yes! That setting makes a noticeable difference when towing. It holds gears longer to help with torque.

6 Likes

I haven’t towed anything yet, but I’m a bit nervous about stability. Does the Mach-E feel secure with a trailer attached?